- This session has passed.
Securing Institutional Data in a Mobile World
July 13 @ 11:15 am - 12:00 pm
In a world where your sensitive and protected institutional data is stored and accessed across a diverse array of systems, cloud services, and personal devices, mobile platforms provide a window into that data from anywhere in the world. This data includes not just information protected by statutory requirements, but other internal and research data that is also a valuable target for attackers. How are you controlling and monitoring those devices? This session will discuss how mobile devices can be protected with Mobile Device Management (MDM) to lower your risk profile, and lessen the risk of those devices being used as a successful vector of attack.
- Use mobile security technologies to provide reliable, uniform, managed security to mobile devices.
- Enable compliance with regulatory requirements and security best practices for mobile devices.
- Architect mobile security as an “opt-in” platform as directed by organizational leadership.
- Manage and monitor devices which access or process protected data classes.
- Support institutionally-owned devices which access protected data classes or are under a management regime.
- Support personally-owned (“Bring Your Own Device”, or BYOD) devices which access protected data classes.